Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Shattered - OAR

How many times can I break til I shatter?

Our relationship was based on broken promises and unsettled businesses. Somewhere along the line, I got hurt really bad.

I got hurt when you decided to promise the things you can't keep.
I got hurt while waiting for you.
I got hurt while loving you too much.
I got hurt while putting you first, above myself.

You see, I threw too many chances and you, being you. You took those chances for granted, you took my presence for granted.

Don't call me your muse, your drive, your inspiration to be a better man because you and I both know that that statement is far from true. I can't change you. In fact, I shouldn't even try to change you. You should know which is good, which is bad. You know those sleepless nights that I used to have while waiting for you to come back home? It got lost while you were too busy ignoring the person who loved you. I will never be the same person, again. That person that you used to whisper 'I love you', the person that you used to go for midnight drive with.. She's gone, she's long gone.

I want to have my peace, I want to have my time.

Most of all, I just want to forget those nights I cried. Those nights I couldn't sleep because your phone was off. Those nights when you hurt me and ignored my pain. I want to forget that.

No comments:

Post a Comment