Saturday, August 18, 2012

Of unresolved feelings.

Today's azan maghrib marks the end of Ramadhan.

This would be my 13th year celebrating Syawal in Kedah instead of both Kedah and Johor. Believe me, I'm still not used to it. I miss Batu Pahat. I remember being happy there because I celebrated Syawal with my family. Well, the complete one. I miss waking up to my dad's voice on the first day of Syawal. I miss fighting with my siblings on who gets to use the shower first. I miss salam raya with both of my parents, instead of just one. I miss everything.

To those of you who have the chance to celebrate with your family; be grateful. Some of us are not that fortunate.

Selamat Hari Raya. Maaf Zahir dan Batin, all the way from Kedah. xx
Sent by Maxis from my BlackBerry® smartphone

2 comments:

  1. hey there, be happy. be strong :)
    selamat hari raya, have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope you're having a good syawal :)

    ReplyDelete