Monday, September 17, 2012

Of religion and ignorance.

Today, my pious cousin showed me 'Innocence of Muslim'. I was utterly shocked after watching the 13 minutes clip, I'm not sure how I would react if I saw the whole movie. I may not be the perfect face for a Muslim but as a sister in my religion, I felt disgusted. Is that how America wants Islam to be seen? Is that how they want to portray how Islam is?

They said the Quran teaches us to be violent, it teaches us to kill people.

Islam does not, I repeat, does not promote violence in any way possible. Our religion does not teach us to kill people, it does not teach us to cause riot, it does not teach us to hate other religions. We only fight back when we are provoked, we fight back when people insult our religion, we fight back when you insult our prophet, we fight back all in the name of Islam. The Quran does not teach us to start a fight, it teaches us to fight back when it comes to matters of our religion. Especially when ignorant people make a movie, insulting our prophet, our religion. What did you expect the Muslims to do? Nothing? Just watch the movie and go on with our lives?

We, the Muslims, are the same like you. We do not like our religion to be made as a joke.

You may think the Quran teaches us to kill people, bomb buildings and cause riots but it doesn't. Those who do that, they have deviated from the teachings Islam. And by saying, "All Muslims are the same" is wrong. The few that did this despicable act do not represent the rest of Muslims in the world. People NEED to stop using religion as an excuse.

To make it short, before you start judging Islam, read the Quran. The movie insulted Islam. To expect Muslims not to fight back is a mistake.

My favorite quote to go with this post is;

Rest in peace the 2977 victims of 9/11 and rest in peace to the 8000000 Muslims for terror crimes they did not even commit
Salam.

No comments:

Post a Comment